Thursday, February 28, 2008

Jacob's been sick!

Jacob has been running fever off and on for 2 days now. I don't have a clue what is wrong with him. That is the only symptom he has! I guess he woke up about 4:00 A.M. Wednesday morning. He never woke us up! He stayed up til we got out of bed. I was getting ready for work when Steve went to leave. He found Jake in the living room. Took his temp and it was 100.3. Of course that means you can't send them to school! Steve said he'd stay home with him. (BONUS! I don't know that he's ever stayed home with the boys....perks of being the big boss I guess!!!!) Wednesday was the ONLY day I was working this week! I'd have hated calling Natalie. Anyway, he and Steve hung out of the day. Jacob just layed around a lot. I told him last night when he went to bed that if he woke up feeling bad to come downstairs and wake me up. About 4:30 this morning I feel this cold little finger poking me in the arm. Sure enough, Jacob. He was running fever again! Gave him some medicine and told him to try to go back to sleep. He chose to try this on the living room couch! After probably an hour I felt that cold finger poking me again. He couldn't go back to sleep so he was going to go lay on the couch in the game room and watch TV. I really didn't want to get up this morning. Just getting up those two times for a few minutes really messes me up during the night. I think I dozed off and on til about 7:30 and I knew I had to get up to make Jerrad's lunch before the bus came. I think Jacob is feeling better. We ran to CVS this afternoon for more Motrin and when we got home I made him take a nap. He could hardly stay awake in the truck. I hope he can make it to school tomorrow. He really wants to go cause they are having a volleyball tournament in P.E. We will have to wait and see if he make it through the night with no fever.

No comments: