Monday, February 11, 2008

Spring Cleaning....or just cleaning!

About a week ago I cleaned out Jacob's room. When I say cleaned out I mean...went in there with a trash bag! He's been spending quite a bit of time in his room and it seems to get worse when he does that. So, I thought I'd get it cleaned up and straighten things. I got TWO...yes two...trash bags full of trash and junk! How can a ten year old accumulate so much trash? He has used more paper making airplanes, poppers (I hate the poppers!) and my favorite is the finger attachments he makes. He takes a whole sheet of paper and rolls it up to make it very long. Tapes it and then slips it over his finger. One isn't enough...he has to make ten! He looks like Edward Scissorhands with these things on his fingers! Of course, I found those in the toy box along with tons of other trash and you gotta love all those junkie toys you get in kids meals! Lets just say all that disappeared!

So, yesterday I thought it was about time to do the same to Jerrads room. I made him help. Bad thing about doing his while he was home...he wants to rearrange his room! We have lived here 2 1/2 years and his room has been rearranged more than the whole house put together! I agreed that we could do it. First, things first...clean out from under your bed so we can move it. I'm sitting on it while he's trying to pull stuff out. He finally says, "your going to have to get up cause when you sit on it there's this broke part that goes down to the floor". Great! I'm thinking the frame has broken or maybe just came apart and needs to be fixed. That would explain why when we are in the office it sounds like his bed is going to fall through the ceiling. He gets all that out (mostly his socks...no wonder he didn't have any!) and we start breaking it down to move it. He can't move small things. No, it was his bed and dresser that he wants to move! We get the box spring off and Jerrad goes, "look thats what's wrong with my bed. These boards are broken! Thats what is hitting the floor!" Yes, his bed is just a little worn out! While Jerrad and I worked on his room Steve and Jacob ran to Unclaimed Freight and bought a new box spring and mattress!

Took most of the afternoon but we got his room done! My wish is that one day my kids will understand when I clean their rooms like this...if they'd just maintain it...their rooms would be so nice, neat and clean! I know quit laughing...wishful thinking!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Ah friend - in a perfect world - this would be possible! But, alas, we live where we live and that will NEVER happen!!!