Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5th Grade Field Day...

Jacob signed up for four events. He did the softball throw, 400 yard relay race, obstacle course and jump rope. While trying to watch these events I was also suppose to be running the concession stand with Kristy (side note she and I have been there everyday from 7:30 A.M. to almost 4:00 P.M.). I did get to see the softball throw. He did ok but didn't get a ribbon for that event.
In the madness of the concession stand I missed the relay race. Jacob said his team came in fourth. Not too bad. I did get to watch the obstacle course and he was moving pretty fast! I wasn't sure how fast but compared to some of the other kids I didn't think he did bad.
I also got to watch the jump rope contest. He was fourth in that too! Really, why don't they give out fourth place ribbons?!?!?! I went back to my post at the trailer and time was flying by! They did a ribbon ceremony, which I missed! One of the moms came out to say it was all over and she said "Oh, and Jacob won a ribbon!". Yes, my little man won 3rd place in the obstacle course! Sweet stuff. I think it made him feel pretty good. So, since I missed the photo op in the gym we did it out front of the school with the Miller Maverick mascot! I know he could've cared less but it had to be done!
I think I might die of exhaustion before Friday! I didn't realize selling stuff could make you so tired! Of course there is the opening of the day and closing the thing down too. That might have a little to do with it! Oh well, its all for the kiddos and of course Kristy and I have got to spend the whole week together! Can't pass up that opportunity!

No comments: