Wednesday, May 7, 2008

WAL-MART is OPENED!

Many of you might think this a bit odd but we are very excited about our new Wal-Mart. If you have visited the two nearest Wally's you would know why. Wal-Mart on Cooper (or the United Nations, as Kristy calls it) is just old. I remember going there with Jennifer Norton when I would visit Texas when I was a teenager. I've been married almost 17 years so that Wal-Mart has been there much longer. Besides being old tons of people flock there and you can find every kind/type there is! Then Wal-Mart in Mansfield opened. That one was tons better until they did their "remodel". I just don't feel right in there. It's just different and to me it doesn't flow well! I feel like they've moved stuff and aren't done but they are done!

It is so bright and shiny and NEW! I can't wait to go buy groceries there! Here is some neat stuff the press release said about this store.

The store was built to complement the surrounding area, with stone accents, red tile roofs over the entrances and a palette of muted desert colors. A wrought iron fence surrounds the perimeter of the parking lot, which is shaded by several mature trees and features extensive landscaping. Residents from nearby neighborhoods can easily walk or bike to the store on the concrete walking path with lights that resemble antique lanterns.The new store was constructed with energy efficient technology and environmentally friendly features to reduce energy and water consumption and minimize waste.

The freezer cases and non-sales areas of the store have LED lights and sensors that automatically shut off the lights when those areas are unoccupied or customers are not present. LED lighting throughout the store operates 70 percent more efficiently than traditional fluorescent lighting. Customers will notice hundreds of skylights, which harvest daylight and reduce the amount of energy required to light the store by up to 75 percent daily. In addition, the cement used in the store’s concrete flooring is made with recycled materials and the floor’s finish reduces the need for chemical cleaners.

On top of all of this...it is so close! It is closer for me to run there for bread, milk, etc. than to go to Albertson's or Kroger! I'm gonna love this!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I already love it and I was only in there for 20 minutes this afternoon! I can't wait to buy groceries! Who says that?!