Monday, October 27, 2008

Scrapbooking...

I love to scrapbook. I am not the best...by a very LLLOOONNNGGG shot! I enjoy it but I'm not real creative. Once in a while I do have a "moment" and create a page I absolutely love. I think I started doing it a little in 2003. I just started with some basics that I'd gotten as a gift. It has grown from there! I've learned tons from friends and looking at magazines and such. When I started I was doing a family book. Then I thought I'd do a book for each of the boys with just their sports pictures in it. Well, who are we kidding...they won't play sports forever! That's not enough to fill up a book. So, I thought I'd go back and include school pics. Just the class picture for each year and any party pics or awards I had. Well, for Jacob all of those pics are done and in my big album. Not a prob...take them out and put them in another album. I only had 2 pics that I'm going to have to have pics printed again and create two new pages. Those where first day of school pics that I only did one page for the two boys! I wasn't thinking! I was trying to figure out how to color copy a 12 x 12 page or use undo to separate them. I was asking a friend about it and she suggested to print the pics again and do another page! WOW! Wish I'd thought of that (thanks Andrea!). All in all the whole process of switching everything has gone fairly smooth. Jerrad's book looks a little rough in the beginning. First reason for that...I sucked! Friends, it is so sad what I considered to be "scrapbooking". OH MY! I am horrified for anyone to see what I did! You definitely can tell I improved just by looking through his book. Second reason...I was a beginner...didn't know what I was doing. The very first book I purchased was one of those with straps! Yes, I know...not smart...again! Wait it gets better. When I began I didn't do my layout on a page. Oh no that would've been smart! I put it right on the page in the book. Yep, I did! Now if you've used or picked up one of these strap type albums you know that each side has metal. That the only way I know to describe it. Anyway...just a big mess. So, in order to make this new idea work I took a razor blade and cut the metal edges of both sides of the pages. So, along with the first pages being really, really bad...they are a little small inside of the sheet protectors! Oh well...it will just have to do for now! I can't redo all of it! I'm going to say it was a learning experience...lol...yea right!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Friend! You are an AWESOME scrapper! On the other hand - I can't believe that you have the nerve to scrap without me!!!