Thursday, October 9, 2008

What's been going on?!?!?!

I've been told I need to update my blog (thanks Kristy!). I didn't think I really had anything to blog about but I guess I sort of do! I mentioned in one of my posts that I was training for a new job and how its been so busy around here and Steve's had to help get the kids around. Well, I finished training on Oct. 2nd. Was very nervous about starting to take live calls. When I say nervous I mean very nervous, very preoccupied with it. Which only got worse. I started my first shift Saturday night. My worst fear came true. My very first call was a total nightmare! On top of that I had computer problems. I won't go into lots of details here but I was just freaked out! I was off Sunday. Had to work on Monday. I was so nervous and scared. Once again computer problems to top off all the other feelings I was having. Got those fixed....finally. Finished my shift. Tuesday....I am sick to my stomach. Wasn't sure if I had a bug or it was the job. Couldn't get the job out of my mind. Its the oddest feeling I'd ever experienced. I didn't like it. This could be a really long, long story but the short of it all is Steve didn't like the way I was acting, I didn't like how I was, I'm missing all the kids stuff at night, etc., etc, and its was the hardest most complex thing I've ever done. Its not just people calling in to get their balance or pay over the phone. I knew they could call in for all kinds of things from what we were taught in training but each account was different. It was not cut and dry simple! No! Every situation had a twist and there were all these reason codes and of course we were told where to look those up but you don't have to memorize them or study you just look it up. There was just lots of stuff. Its just not for me! I'm not thick skinned enough either for the rude customers. I hadn't talked to mom since I started so I called her yesterday morning and started getting upset. Then Steve had called and I called him back and cried and cried! I couldn't keep doing it! He told me to quit it was no big deal but he'd rather I be back to normal than be all moody and yucky like I had been! So, yesterday afternoon I sent the email telling the Lead that I was quitting! I'm done with that! After that I totally felt better. The sick feeling went away! All those thoughts that where in my head went away! I just feel 100% better knowing I don't have to get on the phone and take those calls. I feel better knowing that I can see the rest of Jacob's football games and not have to miss any of Jerrad's baseball games! I just feel very relieved!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

YEA! I have my friend back!! I was missing you too much!!