Sunday, November 30, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...17 YEARS!

This is Steve's idea of a good gift wrapping job! Obviously he does not have OCD or have a care about how his gift looks! :) But this is what make his so much fun! You never know what he'll do! After I was opening it he began having better ideas of how he could have made this better and harder to open! Believe me...black duct tape is sticky! Yes, this is a pillowcase! Luckily not one we use! Of course the gift wasn't much of a surprise. I'd told him where to go and what to get and exactly where to find it! He does not have a clue what he should get unless he is told directly what I want! Although my family did get a kick out of this. See...I do not sew! I do not do buttons or hems or anything! Not my thing at all. Never even cared to learn! Well, I still don't! The sewing machine is to sew scrapbook paper! I am so excited. I can't wait! I hope to make all my Christmas tags this year and stitch them! I might be calling on Andrea and Kristy for some help! I just think its so neat and what better way to practice than to have a sewing machine! Of course, Steve had to get over the shock of me asking for one and then I had to tell him (we were on the phone) to tell my dad to stop laughing! All I could hear was him laughing in the background! Dad knows me...me sew...yea right!



I can not believe it has been 17 years! Steve was 20 and I was 18 when we got married (although I'm still only 29...so don't try to do the math...it doesn't work...). We were married in Oklahoma City and believe it or not...we had an ice storm that night! Talk about stinkin' cold! You know I don't do cold! Of all nights for it to be down right freezing! Being young...broke...Steve still in school...there was no fancy honeymoon. Sunday afternoon we drove back to Fort Worth. Monday morning he went to school and I went to work! Woo Hoo! I know...fancy stuff! :) We've taken many vacations since then! Some with kids and some without. So, I think its worked out pretty good! I'm not a mushy person so I don't have any of that romantic mushy stuff to write! Sorry! Who are we kidding...I'm not good at writing either! I did to hire some one to write me blog for me! That would be great...I always think what I write sounds corny and goofy!




















1 comment:

Andrea said...

I LOVE the wedding picture. That is greatness.

And I LOVE that you got a sewing machine! So funny. But it seriously makes me happy. :)