Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas...

I love the holiday season! I love getting the decorations out and put them around the house. I love having the tree up! I like to listen to (some) Christmas music. Celine Dion's CD is my favorite! So, today I drug out all the decorations out of the attic. Got the tree up. I'm guessing that the last two years I have placed the tree in a corner. Therefore, only decorating three sides. Only buying and using enough garland for those three sides! Well, this year I decided to put it right in the middle of the window! See where this is going?!?! Not enough garland to go all the way around! Those pieces say 12 feet long but I just don't see it! One piece barely went all the way around the bottom. I wanted the tree in the middle so I headed to Hobby. On the way I got to thinking I'm not sure if I bought that garland at Hobby or Wally. Got to Hobby...nothing matches what I have! Great. I decided to go with white! After picking up several of those and some new ornaments I headed to the checkout. Standing in line and I think "oh, I should get cardstock to make my gift tags while I'm here." Head to scrapbooking. Pick up some cardstock. Head back to the front. "Oops...probably should get the stuff for Jacob's project as long as I'm here!" After I think I've gotten everything I finally checkout. Well, since I'm so close to a Wally I thought I'd just run in there and check to see if they had the same garland. Yes, I went to the United Nations on Cooper St. Luckily I parked close to the garden area and went in that side door. Quick in and out. Real quick cause they didn't have my garland either. So, back to redoing it in white! Got home. Took the old garland off and put the new on. Probably could've used one more strand but this will have to do this year (note...buy more before Christmas is over and save it for next year!). I start hanging the ornaments. Remember I said I bought some new ones. Well, I'm two short now! Yep, I dropped two of them while putting them on the tree! The wood floor was not forgiving. And they had glitter on them...now my wood floor is sparkly!!! I guess eventually it will come off!


I am way ahead of schedule this year. I've already wrapped all the gifts I bought this weekend. No, I'm not done shopping but I've wrapped what I've already gotten! Still shopping to do! My cards are done. Just need to get a picture of my family to put in them. The two we took this weekend did not turn out well. Hopefully I can get this done one night this week so I can get those in the mail.


I used my sewing machine! I made gift tags. Nothing fancy. Some look better than others. Mostly tags for kids so they won't be paying much attention to them anyway! Still learning the machine. Kind of scary! I think it will be fun once I get use to it. I might need some tips from Andrea and Kristy!!!! I can't wait to scrapbook and stitch a page!
Jerrad mowed and weed eated the yard this afternoon....so, that means tomorrow or Thursday I will get out there and put my lights in the yard. I love that too! All clear lights in the yard! I think its so pretty! One of these days maybe I'll get Steve convinced to put lights on the house! He use to at the other house. Of course that was easy. He used the staple gun to hang them up. He didn't even need the ladder. Just reached up and stuck those suckers up there. Well, now its a little harder! He has no interest in hanging them for a two story house! I was so determined to have lights the first year we lived here...I tried to hang them. I thought I could at least hang them on the areas that were only a story high! Wrong...oh so wrong! Its really way up there. And a 6 foot ladder really doesn't help me much! It was just a disaster! So, we have not had lights on our house here! Probably won't til Steve lets me pay someone to do that!

1 comment:

G Pierce said...

Look at you and your fancy smancy gift tags...okay, I must have me one of those sewing machines...they make adorable work. Love the new blog layout too!