Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Quilt...


so, we had craft night at Kristy's on Saturday. Jennifer, Dawn and I worked on scrabble tile necklaces. So easy to make! We did this while Andrea showed Kristy how to make a rag quilt. It looked so simple. It was really cute. I wanted to make one. I took notes on what I needed and what size to cut everything. How hard could it be. Well, let me tell ya...if you get batting of the wrong thickness...it can be very hard. Ok...maybe not hard but it made it difficult. I'm kicking myself now for not stopping when I realized the batting was too thick and getting some that was thinner. That mistake will not be made twice. Since the batting was thick it kind of messed up the some of the stitching and not all the squares were exactly right. The back of the quilt looks like a train wreck. It will not be pictured here! No one will see it til I make one that turns out good!



Jerrad did tell me last night he'd be honored to have my first quilt. I told him he could have it or I'd probably have to send it off with the goodwill stuff! So, he is keeping it although its not perfect. Which might be good cause no telling what will happen to the poor quilt once it gets to his room! At least if he ruins it - I won't be devestated!



I am going to try to make another one. I think with the thinner batting it should be much easier and I think it will turn out better!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I think it's great! And nice and fluffy!!

Andrea said...

It looks great! (Well, the part pictured. :) I think you're being too hard on yourself! It was your first time - and you did it BY YOURSELF. Be proud!

And I bet it's very comfortable with the thick batting. (I made the same "mistake" the first time I made one, too.) But some people actually use the thick stuff on purpose!