Sunday, December 14, 2008

Medicine...

I have to tell on myself. This has to be one of the stupidest things I've done! Saturday morning we slept in. When I woke up I had that feeling my allergies were going to kick in. So, I got up to take my pill. I take a Claritin every morning. Jacob also take a pill for ADHD every morning. This particular morning I got my Claritin out. And its not in a bottle or anything. You have to peel it out of that foil/plastic packaging. So, I lay it on the counter. I open Jake's pill bottle and get his out. Pill still in my hand I get him a cup for water (he can't reach them in our cabinets that are built for 6 foot tall people!). I think to myself I'll get Jake some water and take my pill and then give it to him for him to take his pill. He's still not downstairs yet! Fill the cup up and pop that pill in my hand right in my mouth! About the time I'm swallowing and turning around I see my little white allergy pill on the cabinet! YEP! I swallowed the blue capsule! How do you mix those up? It was in my hand and I was totally not paying attention! I just started hollering at Steve! I took Jacob's pill! OH NO! Jacob walks up to me and says "you better be good today!". Judging for the affects I think its safe to say I'm not ADHD! I've read if you are not it does the opposite of what it does for a child with ADD. It didn't slow me down. I sort of felt a little funny. Kind of jittery on the inside. I felt like I could just go all day! Talk...oh my I felt like I could've talked forever (I know that seems normal - but it was lots more!). It was crazy. I do see how people have used that for dieting and could loose weight. I really understand how it suppresses Jacob's appetite. I certainly did not have one all day and we even went to Pei Wei for lunch! I had to get a box to go! I have to say that's one of the dumbest mistakes I've made!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Friend, I am embarrassed for you. :)