Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why are my kids so crabby in the morning?

Seriously. My boys are not morning people. It amazes me every day of school I am downstairs hollering for Jacob to get up! At 7:00 I am hollering "You better get up now! You are NOT missing the bus!" Mostly cause I'm still in my pj's, not ready and like this morning...freezing cold! I don't do cold! He is less than pleasant about having to get up. Come Saturday morning though he'll be up at 7:00 watching TV! WHY?!??!
Then there was Jerrad. Usually we just don't talk to him in the morning. Its much more pleasant that way! Plus who are we kidding...he gets up at 5:45 and leaves for the bus at 6:40. I usually don't roll out of bed (to start waking Jacob) til 6:45. So, most mornings I don't even see him. Not this morning. Steve needed to borrow the digital camera Jerrad has for work. Well, he was less than pleasant about that...he was in the office studying (semester exams today). Right before he goes to catch the bus he comes in my bedroom and asks (a dumb question)..."Are the buses running today?" Me - "Why wouldn't they be?" Jerrad - "Cause we get out early today." Right...Jerrad they are going to let 3300 kids find other ways of transportation today and not run the buses! This is what...the 3rd year to take semester exams...to get out early on those days...and the buses have always ran! Does he realize that if the buses didn't run there would be no school? Does he realize that only happens when we have bad weather and the roads are bad? Does he realize that hardly ever happens...it is Texas. I can think of 2 maybe 3 times since he started school that they've had to cancel because of the bad roads! Not many!
The bright side...we have a 4 day weekend...we won't have to do mornings on Monday and Tuesday! Jacob better sleep til noon! I know Jerrad will cause he'll stay up late - since there isn't any school!

No comments: