Friday, January 25, 2008

FRESHMAN ORIENTATION

Last night we had freshman orientation at Martin High School. Yes, it is becoming more real as each day passes that Jerrad is going to start high school....even if I am ONLY 29! I know its hard to believe! Seems almost unreal! It was information overload. The school has 3,300 students!!! Only two, yes only two, junior highs feed this high school! That is a lot of kids! They seem to have a system that works. They seemed very organized and informative and have very high expectations for the students. I hope Jerrad enjoys the next four years. Right now, he can't wait to get there. I think he is excited about it. Hopefully that makes for a smooth transition.



Before we ever left for orientation I was working on the summer schedule. Trying to figure out vacations, VBS, Summer JAM, camps, sports, etc. That all sort of blew up after the high school deal. It seems that Lake Arlingtons Youth camp is going to overlap with the baseball camp at Martin. Back to square one rearranging the calendar. Jerrad and Danny have decided that they rather attend the baseball camp (might help to get to know the coach before school starts) than youth camp. Bonus is that it probably saves me about $125! Jerrad and Danny also think they would like to go to the summer workouts as well. Its starts at 6:00 A.M. That is not a typo it is in the A.M.! In the summer! That is when we are suppose to get to sleep late! Good thing I use pencil on my calendar. There might be more changes......you never know!

No comments: