Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break 2008

Monday...
Had to get the laundry done cause we were all traveling on Tuesday! While I was at home doing nothing (but the laundry) I babysat Makenna. She has gotten so big and she is starting to talk! I really had fun keeping her. She is soooo loving. She just hugs on you and she loves the boys too! It was a good day with her! I also kept Kamry for a few hours while Kristy attended a funeral. Makenna hugged on her a lot too. She had to be sitting next to her while they watched Over the Hedge.



Steve also called me Monday morning and said all his plans for his fishing trip had blown up. Seems that the rain was making horrible conditions at the river in Arkansas where he and his friend, Keith, were going to go fishing all week. By that afternoon they had changed their plans and were going to Missouri instead to fish.

Tuesday...
Steve and I spent the morning running some errands and getting drinks and snacks for his trip. I packed for myself and the boys and we headed to OKC for the week. Steve had class Tuesday night so he was driving after class to Bartlesville, OK where Keith lives.

Wednesday...
Andrea and I spent the day running errands. We really didn't do much cause she was waiting on a call from her lawyers assistant so she could take all her paperwork to him (that idiot Bror is taking her to court over Jennifer!). We braved Wal-Mart with the 3 kids. Jacob and Katy were so rowdy that we decided we weren't taking them anywhere else. Dad and Jerrad were at Andrea's house installing a new kitchen sink. We dropped Katy and Jacob off and told them to play outside and leave Papa alone while he worked! Andrea and I left again with J and went to Target. Later, we had to come up with a plan for that night. So, it worked out that we were going to have Jacob and Katy go to church with Mom and Dad and then stay the night there. I was going to go back to Andrea's (Jerrad wanted to go with me) and she was going to highlight my hair. Well, Katy and Jacob got mad over the fact they had to go to church. They didn't want to go. Jacob came inside telling me a story that Katy and he were mad cause they didn't get a "chance" and why did Jerrad get a "chance". Well, once I figured out he was talking about a "choice"...I told him when he learned the right words we'd talk about it! I guess they got over it cause they got ready, ate dinner, and went with them. They survived!

Steve's update...He and Keith got up and went to Missouri. Got there and the rivers are flooded there too! They fished some where for the day but it wasn't good. They spent the night there.

Thursday...
HORTON HEARS A WHO! I must say not my favorite movie! About half way through it I was wondering when it would end! That was about the time it lost J too. She was good for the whole thing but half way through she ended up out of her seat going back and forth between all of us!

Steve's update...During the movie he is blowing up my phone. I call him when I get out and he tells me that he's back in Bartlesville at Keith's. They'd hung out for a while but he was leaving and coming to the city. He showed up about 2 1/2 hours later.


Mom got off work and came over to Andrea's and made dinner. Jacob stayed at Katy's that night. It was her turn to keep the rugrats!

Friday...
Steve and I got up and went to Andrea's. She and Tommy had put all the meat on to smoke it for our Easter get together at Aunt Joy's we were having on Saturday. She had to stay there and keep that going til Tommy got home. So, we hung out. When Tommy got home Steve, Andrea and I took J, Jacob and Katy to the Oklahoma City Zoo (Jerrad and Papa where playing golf). Yes, we did do this on the Friday of Spring Break! I'd never seen the zoo so busy. People were even parking across the road at the horse race track and walking over. It was crazy. I think the kids had fun. Katy had really wanted Steve to go. In the 16 years we've been married he had never been to the OKC Zoo!





Steve drove back home Friday night cause he had things he wanted to do at home...mostly ride his motorcycle!

EXTRAS...
These are just extra pics I took over the week of the kids. The two videos of J are cute. She sings and dances. The first one I was trying to get her doing her whole act and she didn't do all of it. Then she figured out I had the camera and wanted to see. So, I stopped. Then she wasn't paying attention and I tried it again but you can tell the minute she spots the camera. She can't get back to the table fast enough to put her cookies back so she can see the camera. She could entertain a person all day. Just sit and watch her...she is precious!

























No comments: