Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend in OKC

We went home this weekend (my home, anyway). I was sick last week and still was feeling pretty bad on Friday. Steve went to work late and got the boys off to school. I think I stumbled out of bed somewhere around 11:30 and was able to get ready and get packed. So, I wasn't feeling my best this weekend. But that Jennifer can make anyone smile. She is so stinkin' cute. I got some video of her but I hope to get more when I go back for Spring Break. Hopefully I can get some pics of all four of the kids. I want to get some of Jennifers expressions on video and the way she cuts her eyes! She is so little to be able to make the expressions she does. It is so funny to ask her what noises different animals make and then ask her what her mommy says and she goes "blah, blah, blah!" Its priceless. I got it on video. Then she started telling us we all say that except for Meme. She tries to make kissing noises for Meme! Mom has her brainwashed on that one! Wait til I spend a week with her! She'll be saying Aunt Dar is the best and gives kisses! Ha ha Mom! What is really sweet is the picture of Jennifer sitting in Jerrads lap at the computer. Jerrad was playing Barney and DoodleBops with her! Oh, and she is so smart she tells you she wants to go to barney.com (and she says "barney dot com)! What 13 year would sit there with a 2 year old and play those games?!?! I think he is pretty crazy about her. Of course when we are all together you don't really see Jacob and Katy. They are off doing their own things. Speaking of those two. Mom and I talked about it was probably time that at her house they slept in the floor in sleeping bags. For so long those two have stayed in the same room and same bed. They are only 11 months apart so they've always been together when we go up there. Its been easy when they are at my house cause Jake has trundle beds or they stayed in the game room floor. I wasn't in the car but on the way to Meme's she told them they'd be sleeping in the living room in sleeping bags. They didn't like it. She told them they were getting older and needed to do it. This is how innocent they think it is...Jacob tells Meme..."we're not teenagers yet!" I just died laughing when she told me this. In Jacob's mind its ok I guess until they are teenagers! Whats worse is on Thursday the school nurse had the Growth and Development talk with the 5th grade boys and girls (separately). So, I'm thinking exactly how did Jacob interpret that since he thinks its ok to sleep in the same bed til your teenagers! I don't know what to do with that kid!!!! Guess maybe his daddy needs to talk to him! Even though I felt horrible I was glad to get away for the weekend. I'm looking forward to Spring Break so Andrea and I can spend some time together and do some things with the kids. In the meantime, this week is crazy and both the boys got Open House and Steve has plans several nights...just busy, busy around here.





No comments: