Saturday, April 19, 2008

Growing up...

I took Jerrad to the bank on Thursday. He opened a checking account! Yes, he is just growing up too fast. I had read on my last bank statement that as of age 13 at Chase Bank you could open a High School Checking Account. I thought it would be good for him to learn how to keep his money, budget and stuff like that. He's taking some business classes next year at Martin and this will only help him. He has been mowing our friends yard and I think Steve is going to start paying him to take care of ours too. This way he can learn to keep some money, deposit some and save it but yet has a way to spend that money if he needs to. He got checks and even a debit card! When we left the bank he told me, "I feel older". He is very responsible so I am sure this will be a pretty easy thing for him.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I just got teary! Jerrad getting a checking account, Carson calling girls - when is it over?!