Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ordering flowers...

So, Aunt Fifee had surgery on Thursday. Mom said she is doing ok and the tumor was not cancer. Being the good niece that I am I thought I'd send her a PLANT. Why a plant? Well, I'm not real knowledgeable about flowers. The flowers die. I thought a plant would be nice and you can take it home and keep it. Also, this was only the second time for me to order something like this....myself! I had ordered flowers last year for Gary's funeral and when I saw them...I was mad! We paid quite a bit (Chrisse and I split it) and it was this little dinky arrangement! Nothing like I thought I was getting. So, back to my order I did Thursday afternoon. I had a plant picked out and went through filling out all the information. Get down to the total and it says...service charge $30.00! I knew there would be a service charge but $30! So, I go to several different sites. After all my research I figured out that they were not sending the order for the plant to a local florist. The plant was being shipped (from China I guess!) by Fed Ex, UPS or some other carrier! That's what the $30 was for! I just thought that was ridiculous. I ended up getting flowers! I used a different site than I did when I ordered for Gary so I hope they weren't horribly little!

No comments: