Thursday, April 10, 2008

Storms...

Yes it is 4 A.M.! I've never been a fan of "storms". Heavy rain is ok and nice when you can stay home. The high winds and possibility of tornadoes scare me. It always has. I'm a pretty light sleeper so storms in the middle of the night wake me up. It would probably be better if I could sleep through them.

I had just woke up and thought to myself it hasn't rained yet. Maybe the predictions were wrong again and we weren't getting any severe weather. Look at the clock...its 3:23 A.M. I've got 3 more hours to sleep...then...the electricity went out and the clock came back on flashing...and we are in the middle of a storm! Its pouring, lightening, thundering and the wind is blowing like you wouldn't believe! That freaks me out. Steve wakes up long enough to pee and tell me he's going back to sleep its just rain! JUST RAIN! I'm thinking I need to turn the T.V. on and check the weather! I need hearing enhancers for my ears cause I'm just lying there thinking was that the sirens or just the fan making noise?!

Needless to say I couldn't take it anymore. I got up to check the radar on the internet! Looks like the horrible red area is past us and its just rain behind that. Hopefully that was the only severe stuff and its over with. Oh, I'm going to be so tired in the morning!

Mom, if your reading this...you were so cold yesterday (the temperature in OKC was 49 when I talked to her Wednesday)...at 4 A.M. it is still 73 here!

No comments: