Monday, July 21, 2008

Food poisoning...

it didn't happen but it might have! So, you know I am not much of a cook. I know SURPRISE! I really am not. It usually doesn't turn out like it did in my head and I just am not one of those people that enjoy doing it! Today was one of those days that dinner was going to turn out big and great (in my head) and didn't! Jerrad had friends over (Danny and Kaleb) so I thought for dinner we'd have mashed potatoes, rolls and chicken fried steak. Anything to fill up three 14 year old boys! Yes, two gallons of tea is not enough when these boys are at my house! They drink it like water! For starters I didn't quite set the rolls out earlier enough to rise well! I am having to do the 1 1/2 quick method of making them rise! They are still rising...only 20 minutes into that! Got the potatoes peeled and started. On to trimming the fat of the round steak. Little background for those of you that don't know...I do not like to handle raw meat! I don't like the look of it...I think it smells weird...it totally grosses me out! I don't like fat on any of it either! I was a little concerned when I opened the meat that it smelled. I think it always smells but wondered if this was a funny smell...reason being that the meat was NOT blood red! I'm thinking maybe not a good sign! Isn't it suppose to be really red and the blood really red? Well, the meat is more brown and the blood to me looks more like dirty water! Not real sure I should be cooking this and feeding it to everyone! The last thing I really want is the company throwing up at my house tonight. Side note...I don't do throw up either! Poor kids would be in bad shape if I make'em sick and then can't take care of them! Just to be on the safe side I called Steve. He said that something might have happened and it got thawed out and isn't any good. He said don't chance it throw it out. Sounds good to me! But what are we going to eat with my rolls (that should be ready sometime tonight) and the mashed potatoes? KFC! Yep, soon as I finish the potatoes I'm off to the KFC to get some fried chicken to go with my potatoes and rolls! See what I mean...this vision of dinner I had in my head...totally not happening!

No comments: