Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Growing boys...

Steve and I took the boys today for their check-ups/physicals. Jerrad didn't realize these are the same thing! I use to call them their check-ups but now with sports requiring physicals thats what I started calling them!


They both are basically healthy. Neither of my boys are big fruits and veggies eaters. Some people can't believe I don't MAKE them it that stuff. Its kind of hard when I myself won't eat most of it either. For not eating that stuff I think my boys are pretty healthy. They never get sick. Jerrad didn't miss any school this past year and I think Jake missed two days with fever but nothing else to go with it! I guess we are doing something right!


They are both growing up so fast. Jerrad is now 5' 7 3/4" tall and weighs 133 pounds. Jacob has made it to 4' 6 1/2" and weighs a whopping 70 pounds.


Steve went today for two reason. One, to talk to the doctor about testing Jacob for ADD and two, hold him for a shot! We lucked out in the shot department. They can wait til next year for his next one. So, he didn't have to get that which he was very thankful for. Last year it took two nurses and the doctor to hold him down. He came out of the room with no shoes...he had kicked these off...scratches on his face...from his own fingernails...hands flying to avoid the shot...and later his eye turned a shade of black, blue and purple! It was not a pretty situation...at all! The doctor did discuss the ADD a little but we are going to have to wait til school starts to begin the process. He needs to be observed by his teachers and they will have to fill out some paperwork as well as us. Probably the middle of September we will be going back to start this process.


No comments: