Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Twilight...New Moon...

I love to read. I love to read if I really like the book. I'm not real good about knowing who is a good author and if they write good stuff. I'm not that into it. I really need to be TOLD a book is good and I should read it. I was totally hooked on the Harry Potter series. The bad thing is those came to an end! Then I'm like "great...what do I read now?" I did find an author (by total accident) that I've enjoyed reading her books. They aren't a series or anything but a good read.

I read some time ago the blog Andrea posted about these books by Stephenie Meyer. I got interested. I thought those would be great to read on vacation (we leave next Friday July 4th). So, last Thursday I thought I'd get started. Oh, by the way, I'd put it off cause I was reading To Kill A Mockingbird. That was a slow reader! I read it for two reasons. Jerrad has to read it this summer and do a paper for PAP English. I thought if it was fresh in my mind then I might could help him, if he needed it! The second reason was I thought maybe I'd get the idea of the book better than when I read it in high school! I am pleased to let you know it did not make any better of an impression on me than it did then! So, just in case while I was at the Barnes and Noble last Thursday...I bought one of those cheat books that summarizes it all for you. Thought if I need to help Jerrad I might have to read that too!

So, onto Twilight. I started reading it on Thursday night. I absolutely couldn't stop. It just sucks you in cause you stop and think "wow, look how much I've read!" And nothing really major has happened. Its not like the whole book is filled with vampire action! I don't really know how to describe it. You might not even like the book but I do.



I have to keep going! I was at the Wally Sunday purchasing book #2 New Moon (went ahead and bought book #3 Eclipse -just to save me a trip)!

I have one more chapter to read in New Moon and I am finished. So, before today is over I'm sure I will have started Eclipse. So, much for reading these books on vacation! I'm sure I'll probably be done before we even leave. Guess I'll have to go back to Barnes and Noble and find something else to read!

Also, they have made a movie to the first book, Twilight. I watched all the film trailers...tons of stuff also on youtube.com. From the scenes I watched I think they might have done a pretty good job of making the book to a movie. I can't wait to see it. It opens 12.12.08 and I'm sure I'll be at the theater...along with all the teeny boppers, to see it! Believe it or not this books was actually written with teens/young adults in mind! Who would have thought!?!?!?

Yes, I was on the computer this morning reading all about the books, the movie...but what got me searching and visiting on the websites was I was actually reading star-telegram.com and there are three girls that have a group and they've written songs about the books/vampires! I think they actually go to Martin High School if I remember correctly. They've written a whole CD! They are doing little concerts at the Arlington Libraries...its crazy stuff. They are going to be at one of the libraries tomorrow night and MTV will be recording the mini concert! I had no idea this was such a big deal...I'm sure all the teens know about it. Check it out at http://www.thebellacullenproject.com/ I just thought of something too...Bella is Bella Swan and Edward is Edward Cullen...but the website is Bella Cullen...does this mean they do end up together or is it just wishful thinking! Something MUST happen in Eclipse!

What will I do til Breaking Dawn (book #4) comes out on August 2nd! How crazy is this to be all caught up in a series of books?!?! Just freaking nuts!!!!! Gotta get back to reading!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

We are so going to the book release party at the Barnes and Noble! I don't care how many teeny boppers are there!

Andrea said...

I LOVE it! And don't worry - I've got other "mom" friends who have also been sucked in. We should all go see the movie together. We'll show those teeny boppers! (And I'm definately going to have to check out that website...)