Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Birthday!

So, Saturday was my birthday. We took the boys to Staci's to spend the afternoon and stay the night. Then Steve and I headed to the Gaylord Texan! It was really awesome. I love the inside of the hotel! I wish I could have all those color plants and greenery around my yard! I don't know where they get those or how in the world they keep them alive but I'd love to have them! You know I'd probably kill them if the outside Texas heat didn't!

Anyway, we got there and caught up with Bill and Chrisse (their son Colton is gone right now...so they were kid free too). We walked around the hotel a little! Out in the middle they had this clown with a monkey. Just as we walked up she asked if anyone was celebrating a birthday! You know I don't like attention or being in front of people! Well, Bill, Chrisse and Steve all point at me! So, the small crowd sings happy birthday while the monkey plays the bongo drums! That was ok...then the clown asks me to come up front. I really didn't want to do that. Ok...she is going to make the monkey kiss me! Well, it was no kiss! That monkey licked me! Grossed me out...totally! Me of all people...the one person that isn't an animal lover!


On our way out of the hotel there was this gold cowboy statue sitting on a bench. Chrisse wanted to take a picture with it. Well, before she sat down we noticed money in his pocket...well then I saw his eyes! HE WAS REAL! It was so cool. He looked faked...for real! Chrisse still wanted pic with him so I took one!

We had dinner at Uncle Julio's in Grapevine. It was so yummy. Their hot sauce is my favorite! I was sick by the time we left. After tons of chips, hot sauce and fajitas! And of course, we got dessert! YUMMY!

After dinner it was back to the hotel. We walked around some more. Hung out. Bill and Steve and then Steve and Chrisse played a game of pool! I think Steve won both games. Then the four of us played shuffle board! I had never played this! It was fun but I stink at it! I either sent that little puck thing too far or not far enough!

It started getting late so we headed back up to our room. Got comfy in the bed and watched What Happens In Vegas...it was pretty cute. Steve obviously wasn't impressed...he fell asleep! He says cause it was late! lol

So, Sunday afternoon when we got home I had a prize from Kristy! She had texted me on Saturday that she left it in the garage for me! She got me these neat tools and ink for my CRICUT (or the cricut I'm going to buy with my birthday money)! I can't wait to use the ink and see how that works!

Chrisse got me this purse. Its so cute. I love it! Its so nice having a smaller one and I can find everything in it. I've been carry such big ones lately that I can't find nothing in them!

Then I also got this camera. I'm considering it as my birthday from Steve and the boys (besides the night out at the Gaylord). If you saw my other post you know that my camera broke. I was glad I got a new one before our stay at the Gaylord...or I'd have had no pictures! That would have been awful!

No comments: